LB Summer Seasonal Salsa!
by: Lynn Burns
August’s fresh tomatoes and corn always INSPIRE me to make this simple and delicious dish that’s always a hit!
- 1 can black beans (16 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 large diced tomato (or yellow / any variety)
- 2 – 3 ears of corn boiled then cut off the cob (or 1 canned corn 15 oz.)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- few drips of honey
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, corn of cobb, onion, red pepper, garlic, and cilantro.
- Add red wine vinegar, lime juice, & honey, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for approx. 30 minutes while flavors soak in. Serve with organic tortilla chips (I prefer blue corn or brown rice chips). Also great for accompanying burritos and other dishes.
Full Disclosure – I’m a true intuative “chef” in terms of amounts and I do believe we all have our unique and individual taste buds! This recipe is meant to be used as a “guideline” for you to follow, or tweak as you experiment adding upon or making your own creative substitutions!
I use all organic or locally sourced ingredients.